Tuesday 22 February 2011

It's the final countdown

da da da daaaa da da da da da....ahem...sorry, not that kind of countdown but there are but a few short days left before the Write Invite Hard Copy competition deadline.  The stories need to be in by 28th February which gives me just....erm....allowing for postage....no more than 2 days to finish my entry.  And when I say finish, I really mean start. Oh dear.

I had great hopes for this competition and was going to take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer but am now going to try and submit 1 piece and will treat myself to the optional critique too (this costs £5 - same price as entry).

Well, I would love to stay and chat, but as it seems I should be on the final edit by now, I have a lot of catching up to do.  I am going to ignore the fact that I have house guests arriving in an hour (have pre-made the dinner but still have cupcakes to create) and a pile of ironing the size of Crouch waiting for me. I don't think I now have the luxury of writing a whole new piece but will try and 'work up' one of my old 30 minute stories. Wish me luck - my keyboard is going to get a bashing and those cupcakes don't just make themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment